It’s always a treat to start a Tuesday with a Shopstar eChat! This morning saw founder, Andrew Smith, from Yuppiechef dishing the details at Gusto Cafe, Gardens.
As Yuppiechef celebrates its 8th birthday this August – having started from selling their 1st bug zapper to ‘Mom’ and now hosting over 8000 amaizing kitchen brands – we thought towards how many crowdfunding projects have the potential to rise to the same scale too.
“Success and repeat customers come with good service. And good service is easy: Sincerity, credibility and trust. Do what you say you will do. Keep your promise and meet – or exceed – expectations.” – Andrew Smith.
In a nutshell…
A few eCommerce insights from Andrew you can utilize for your own crowdfunding campaign:
- Just start. Seriously. There’s no thyme like right NOW.
- If your mom | dad | best friend aren’t in the 1st sprinkling of supporters, then who will be?
- Have a common dominator throughout your rewards. Think exclusive | limited | discounted!
- Be direct in your marketing. Have a plan. Create a call to action.
- People want to buy from people. Make your campaigning personal and engaging. Be approachable… (The business plans are for the banks.)
- Have a peep at Yuppiechef’s social media for inspiration:
- Be media friendly. FYI: Journalists love content! Decide on who you like to be featured by, study their style and tailor yours to the same tune.
- Getting the word out is the most important thing. If you don’t tell them, how will they know?
Keen to join an #eChat too?
Simply subscribe to the Shopstar newsletter: www.shopstar.co.za.
PS. We hope you enjoyed olive the food puns. We thought they were grate.
PPS. Penne for your thoughts…?