Are you a creative, enthusiastic and well-organized individual?
Come be a part of our lively and extremely unique team!
Job Title: Project | Community Manager
Reports to: Thundafund COO
Remuneration: 1 Month Introduction, Followed by R6000.00
Location: Greenpoint, Cape Town
Travel: Own Transport Required
South Africa’s leading crowdfunding platform, Thundafund, is looking for a creative, enthusiastic and well-organized individual to be part of our lively and extremely unique team.
Due to the nature of tech start-ups, this role will be fast paced and require you to learn on the move and apply a variety of skills.
The role requires the immediate assistance of the Co-Founder & COO in their day-to-day operations (as well as where necessary with the team), with the long-term purpose of filling the position of ‘Project | Community Manager’ through full-time employment after an introductory month.
You are to become fully accustomed to crowdfunding best practices, to independently mentor, build and support projects through the Thundafund submission process and take initiative in adding to the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will need to make decisions, based on the information provided, whether or not projects are fit for or ready to crowdfund on the platform. You will subsequently need to provide advice and mentorship to the project that will lead them in the best possible direction.
Project Feedback and Mentorship:
- As projects move along the submission process, you will need to consult them on crowdfunding and business best practices, relevant to their specific project, and ensure that their project is as campaign ready as possible, as soon as possible.
- You will need to ‘copyright’ the content of the project’s submission, ensuring it has a logical flow, represents the project best and includes all of the necessary information.
- You will need to communicate with project creators in face-to-face meetings, Skype chats, phone calls, and especially email, on a day-to-day basis.
- Once a project is ready to launch, you will need to ‘build’ the campaign online, based on the information provided in their submission.
- This does not require any previous HTML or Web Development skills but a good-eye for design and layout is necessary.
- You will need to assist in writing up project assistance document’s and crowdfunding tips for projects to utilize.
- You will also be required to assist with items such as marketing and social media; both for the projects and organisation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have minimum a Tertiary Education Degree and excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge and interest in crowdfunding and business spheres (such as ecommerce, marketing and entrepreneurship). As well as an interest in the platforms various project categories.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
– Must have very strong English writing skills,
– Second SA language a benefit,
– Can comfortably explain concepts and ideas,
– Needs to be empathetic, patient and considerate when dealing with project creators,
– People orientated, professional manner to represent projects and the company socially.
- Must balance creativity and meticulous detail orientation.
- Strong organizational and administrative capabilities with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
– Ability to deliver great work under tight deadlines,
– Proactive and solution | purpose driven.
- Team player and inspired by the power of the collective.
Please send your CV, addressed to the COO and including a characteristic covering letter to hello[at]thundafund[.]com. Only candidates who make the short-list will be contacted for an interview.