Preparing a detailed crowdfunding outline will not only help you organize your thoughts, but evaluate and fine tune them. It will help you keep track of your ideas, acting as your blueprint for a perfect crowdfunding campaign.
Without a proper outline for a crowdfunding project, one can become overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information that requires your attention. So with that said; can you write answers to the following questions?
1. What is the name of your project?
- Keep it short, make it memorable and to the point.
- In your ‘Project Description’ area that follows your project’s name you can add a catchy tagline. Then on your project page you can give more information and address questions 2 to 12 that follow.
2. What is your project?
- You’ll need a short, medium, and long description of your project:
- A creative catchy tagline that’s one to two lines long or fits into a Tweet;
- A short and compelling summary of your project that’s about one paragraph long; and
- An informative description of your entire project.
3. Who are you?
- Briefly introduce yourself and your team (if there are more people involved), and describe the main points of your campaign in as few sentences as possible.
- Share some relevant information about yourself and team as it relates to the success of your project. You want to share relevant, credible information that will earn your backers’ trust.
- Also, mention where your project is located.
4. Why the need?
- Convince people as to why they should support your venture.
- What is your call to action?
- Think like a backer – what would make you support this campaign?
5. What makes your campaign unique?
- What sets it apart from other similar projects?
- Let them know what makes your campaign special.
6. What is your time-frame?
- In what time-frame do you wish to achieve your fundraising goal: the start and closing date.
- Also, explain how much time you need to complete the actual project you are raising funds for. (Remember this for your reward estimated delivery date details.)
- Plus, don’t forget to factor in your Thundafund project’s payment and reconciliation period after closing.
7. What is your project’s funding goal?
- How much money do you need to complete the project?
- Make this goal achievable.
- Don’t ask for more than your social networks can afford.
8. How will you spend the money?
- Make a realistic itemised budget for how you will spend your new funds.
- Detail this information into your Milestone outlines.
9. What — are you offering in exchange for their money?
- Create your rewards menu and make an attractive list of all the rewards and perks you wish to give backers.
- Rewards are things that entice people to contribute money.
- Offer great, must have rewards. Feature exclusive, unique things that will be meaningful to your audience.
10. How do you plan to keep in touch with supporters?
- Let them know how you intend to keep them informed.
- The easiest and best way to keep backers up to date is via email updates, newsletters, and social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
Other elements a campaign should include:
- A video,
- Product specs,
- Further visuals such as infographics, diagrams, and charts,
- A project blog, and an FAQ (Answers to frequently asked questions).
We trust this nifty outline will help you create your crowdfunding campaign…. It will guide you when writing your campaign’s title, description, highlights, FAQs, and fine print. The outline will also help you create the all important sales pitch.
See more at FundMeFundYou.
5 thoughts on “Your Crowdfunding Outline: A Checklist To Success!”
Thank you for the tips I am very excited about the feedback and to start my campaign.
Great platform towards growth and helping individuals achieve a value to structure and open source platform
Thank you I’m very excited about feedback and tips to start my campaign
Thanks for the exciting feedback. I really appreciate and will have an idea of how to go by.
This is the first day of a young persons life teaching ballet to young girls teaching them more than just dance. Thanks for this platform and we cannot wait for it to start.