THUNDAFUND and the DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE invite applications for an exciting funding initiative, Crowdfunding Creative Development Project
The Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) partnered with Thundafund in developing crowdfunding as a viable option for a wide spectrum of people, specifically for those from less affluent and historically less networked sectors. The DAC/Thundafund project are looking to the performing arts fields, including theatre, physical theatre, dance, music and performance art projects to realise their potential through the Thundafund crowdfunding site to test, launch and market their creative endeavors to South Africa and the world. One of the most exciting outcomes of the development of the Thundafund crowdfunding platform is that it activates communities to support the creative industries directly.
WHAT WE HAVE
- An established and trusted internet based crowdfunding platform.
- Dedicated accelerators to market and publicize your project.
- T-Bucks – a Backing it Forward ‘promotion’ of the Thundabucks 200 (t-Bucks200) (T’s&C’s)
WHAT WE WANT
- Exciting projects in the performing arts fields, including theatre, physical theatre, dance, music and performance art.
- Projects that have an impact on historically disadvantaged individuals and/or communities either as participants or audiences.
WHAT YOU GET
- Assistance and mentoring of your crowdfunding appeal for your project.
- Personalized assistance from a dedicated accelerator.
- A percentage of matched funding dependant on your project achieving its funding goal through the ‘T-Bucks’ promotion.
- Loads of publicity.
- Support and encouragement from the Thundafund team.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Download the application form: DAC Project Submission Thundafund form
Submit the completed application form to email@example.com with the subject line THUNDAFUND and the DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE invite applications for an exciting funding initiative.
Please note that there is a limit of 12 selected projects who will qualify for this opportunity for an Accelerator to assist you on your crowdfunding campaign and to qualify for the ‘t-Bucks 200’ promotion.
If you have any questions on crowdfunding, please read the Crowdfunding 101 documents, Crowdfunding Checklist and do research on some Thundafund campaigns to get an idea for reward offerings and structure.
If you have further questions for ‘The Call Out of Projects’, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions.