Having these fundamentals in place before your campaign launch is crucial to ensuring the greatest chance of crowdfunding success….
Please refer to our Crowdfunding 101: Part 1 – 3’s for further detail.
- A specific project or idea that you need funds raised for.
- A realistic, suitable and defined crowdfunding goal.
- A set time-limit suitable to your crowdfunding goal and campaign mission.
- A campaign pitch that explains the ‘who, what, where, how and why’ of your campaign.
- A maximum 1 – 3 minute pitch video… this is very important!
- Between 5 – 10 unique rewards, of increasing value and cost, for backers that are in the form of retail, recognition and/or experience.
- Detailed and specific Milestones to cover the ‘bare-necessities’, the ‘nice-to-haves’ and the ‘dream’.
- An active, updated and engaged social media presence such as a Facebook Business Page people can like, Instagram and a Twitter account.
- A marketing and PR ‘campaign plan’ covering pre-launch, launch, mid-campaign, pre-closure and closure.
- A fundraising | marketing savvy campaign team-leader and/or team.
- Thorough research on previous similar successful campaigns.
- Informed your immediate network of your soon-to-be campaign and excited them about backing your campaign upon its launch.
- A South African bank account.
- Project creators have to be over the age of 18.
- If you are under 18 you can submit a project: to do so you will need a project collaborator – a parent, guardian or teacher. Your project collaborator must register for the Thundafund campaign, be the payment account holder and take responsibility for the project roll out.
- A thorough understanding of your target audience.
- The time, money and commitment to run your campaign… don’t underestimate this.
Ok, lets submit a project: Thundafund Project Submission.