Facebook is the number one social-media platform for crowdfunding.
If you do one thing, have a Facebook Page. We’ve found that an active Facebook Page is the one thing that correlates the most between campaigns that reach their goals, and ones that don’t.
Here we’ll discuss how best to use Facebook for your crowdfunding campaign. We’ll be using Ground Up as our case study. Check their awesome campaign out here.
Let everyone know you’ve launched your campaign! This first post needs to introduce your campaign, what do you need, how much do you need and how to support it?
- Make sure you include the link to your campaign
- How much you need
- Explain what you need the funding for
- Tag us so we can share, like and comment
It’s important to find a balance of how frequent your posts should be regarding your campaign. Posting too often can irritate followers, however too few posts lead to low awareness.
We believe it’s best to post 3 times a week to ensure low irritation levels and high awareness. The posts are broken down as the following:
One post as a reminder about your campaign
One post about the progress of your campaign
One post thanking backers who have pledged to your campaign
Whether successful or not it’s important to acknowledge and show gratitude towards your backers. You now have the funding you need, let the world know! Post about your rewards your busy sending out and ask backers to send photos of them and their rewards. It’s always great to show your followers where the funding is going and how far along you’ve come.
- Boosting your posts can really help reach your target market, spread awareness and gain new followers
- Spending between R10 and R50 is a great starting point for boosting your posts
- If you aren’t a Photoshop wizard Piktochart.com is an easy way to create beautiful graphics for your posts.
- If you need any further assistance feel free to contact us
Have a fantastic day,